Monday, March 14, 2011

Corn in the bags!

Yesterday, I spent some time with my sister Courtney. We had some drinks and  played cornhole. It was a great time just joking around and spending time with the hubby-to-be, hers not mine (LOL). My major epiphany of the day was that there were kernels of corn in the bags, which were then thrown in the hole....OH, CORNHOLE *light bulb*.

My birthday is right around the corner and for once, I'm not planning a single thing! Uma generously offered to plan everything and all I have to do is show up and be pretty. The only thing missing in that equation is the outfit, I'm determined to wear these brown shoes that I bought close to 2 years ago. The shoes have orange flowers and teal paisleys. These shoes need to be worn and suggestions are welcomed!


I was so amazed when Uma asked if I want her to plan for me. I realized that I've never had someone do that for me, nor have I really ever trusted anyone to do the planning. If there is one time of the year that I'm the pure definition of a brat, its my birthday. What can I say? I really love myself, and love any reason to celebrate *insert eye roll of disgust here*.

As twenty-six approaches, I find myself at the greatest health ever, happiest I've been in a while, and single. Once upon a time, I thought I needed a guy for validation, but for once I'm content just where I am. I've noticed I don't ever want to settle. Back in January, things amiably ended with, in my opinion, a rather good, decent guy. Before the night ended, he looked me square in the eyes and told me to realize my self worth and never settle because I am a great girl. Usually, I take these words in vain, especially considering the source, but even if he was lying he wasn't speaking far from the truth. I really don't give myself enough credit and that moment of self realization was a long time coming. Who would have thought, that the end of something, would in turn be the beginning of me? The last month or so I decided to finally just concentrate on myself. I haven't really been getting asked out and as I look through my phone most of my text messages seem to be from my nineteen year old cousin in New Jersey. These moments I'm by myself and given some real time to think, I start to dissect my past and make of list of little things I can improve. For example, I'm very intolerant to ignorance, which sometimes isn't really the person's fault, especially if they just haven't been educated in the particular topic. Among other things, I'm starting to realize that sometimes its easier to just change your ways, rather than try to dig deep and be nit picky about everything. So what's the difference between compromising and settling? Please comment below. 

At the beginning of this month, I was sent to New Jersey for my cousin's Sweet Sixteen. I was filled with mixed emotions about going because there had been a disconnect between myself and my family for quite some time, seven years to be exact. Of course, my parents don't suggest me go many places without some kind of ulterior motive. What could that be you ask? Well I'm about to turn twenty-six and still single, you do that math *insert your own light bulb moment here*. Instead of coming back with a love match, I came back home with a new profound relationship with my cousins. My favorite of them all of course is my niece, Diya, I just can't resist the girl. She brings the biggest smile on my face and I see my personality in her entire being, which of course I love even more, a little mini-me in the making. The eldest cousin Ravi, still being six years my junior, being the closest to me and even though he didn't even know I was his cousin, we seemed to not miss a beat. I remember when he was a kid he was a terror squad in one little body and I was actually nervous to see his growth in my absence. I'll put it out there, he did fine for himself and I'm happy in a short week or so we have gotten closer and the loyalty is understood between us both. How can I forget our princess for the weekend though? The last time I saw Anisha was seven years ago at another cousin's wedding and she was nothing less of a brat back in the day. I say that, but I can't even remember what situation made me define her as a brat, but I dismiss it since she was only nine years old. Now she's grown up and seems to be doing well for herself. Now that I've reconnected with her, I plan on checking up on her and taking her under my wing to make her into the mature, wonderful lady she should be. This week, I've pretty much been in withdrawal, and to think I only spent a little over forty-eight hours with these people. Every moment I spare a minute, I text my cousin and I'm reminded daily by Anisha how much I'm missed, which is completely reciprocated. During our time together, we all slept on the couch together and talked until the hours of the morning, watching Hindi movies. I'm pretty much missing my family more than ever right now *nostalgic moment*.

I took the time and read my horoscope last night. Usually, I don't really listen, but even in my skepticism I'm excited about what is in store for the next couple weeks as the month comes to an end. At the end of the day, I know it'll end with a bang, after all the last day of the month is my BIRTHDAY! Anyway talk to everyone soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment