Sunday, March 20, 2011

Just one of them days....

...that a girl goes through. - Monica

I've mentioned it before but I'm forever an Atlanta girl (I have a set of veins on my left forearm in the form of the Atlanta Brave's A), so naturally I love Monica. Aside from the fact she's from the A, she has a great voice,and I literally grew up listening to her ever since I was in fourth grade, her music is rather nostalgic. So last year, I said I was going to make this a makeup blog, but recent events in my life and the major changes concluded me to just post about my life. I used this blog as a vehicle to get things out of my head so I'm remain sane. I don't think I have an eventful life. I do the normal things -- I put in a day's work, go to the gym, hang out with my friends, and indulge in "me" time in the form of reading, watching television, and listen to music. Like anyone I have those days where something just feels blah, and I can't put my finger on it.

It's a relatively gloomy, cloudy Sunday afternoon and I'm just thinking about going to the gym for yoga at 4:30. My best friend from high school, Katie finally joined my gym, so now I have someone to drag with me on days I need to just get out of my house and the only logical thing to do is head to the gym. Hopefully, Lois, the first friend I ever made at Buford, might also make an appearance. Power in numbers, right? 

This morning I was looking at the dress I wore for my birthday dinner last year. Its a black and purple, size 10, high empire waist, long, and flows out to flatter my midsection just perfect. This year it couldn't be more different. It's an off-white, medium, strapless, short, rouging all over, and skin tight. Don't get me wrong, I feel accomplished, I've done a lot in a year and a half that most people still have trouble grasping. I keep my before and after picture on my wall as my daily reminder and it still brings a gracious grin on my face (is that an oxymoron). However, this morning I woke up thinking about my friend Kamilah, who was going to run her first half-marathon this morning. She told me back in November she was going into training and I sincerely became somewhat envious of her "got to do it" attitude. If you've been keeping up, I have a slight addiction to the gym, but my outlook on cardio and endurance is still a love/hate relationship. I love the fact I burn all those calories in a span of 30-45 minutes but it feels like a chore, to say the least. I prefer taking the classes my gym has to offer, the elliptical, and the machines for strength conditioning. I don't really believe in resolutions, like I've mentioned before, but I do seem to set goals when my birthday approaches, during Diwali, and the traditional New Year (this helps with short-term considering they're 3-6 months apart from one another). Dare I say for this birthday, I really want to try to change my views on running. Bhagwan, played a great joke when I was born, He made sure I was born on the last day of a month so I start fresh on the first of the month with any new goal I set. Of course, that day happens to be April Fool's Day, so I can always conclude the day with a, "Haha, just kidding, I'm so funny, nice try there Hemli".

I have a feeling yoga will get me out of my funk, if nothing I now have something to think about during meditation. Tomorrow is a new day. I have a mid-week massage and facial, which I'm so glad I kept putting off because its coming at a great time. At the end of the week, I have my birthday dinner. The closer that gets, the more excited I get about being around some of my wonderful friends. That alone should be enough to help me get through my week. Today is just one of them days, don't take it personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment